The Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems in Tübingen is looking for an administrative assistant to assist with diverse tasks required to support research activities and the administration of the Optics and Sensing Laboratory.
The OSLab supports research and development of new algorithms for image processing, enhancement and denoising, the integration of sensing systems of different types (stereo, video, range, etc.), new sensors and algorithms for computational photography and astronomy, and the development of real-time sensing systems for robotic platforms.
In particular, you will support the lab with the following duties:
- Register and assist the purchasing of new lab equipment and maintain the inventory
- Maintain the wiki by creating new pages or editing the existing ones
- Support frequent correspondence (phone calls, emails, meetings, mail.)
- Be in charge of the general organization and administration of the lab
- You will have a chance to be involved in research and engineering projects of the lab
- English proficiency (English is the working language). German (level B2).
- Ability to learn quickly, flexibility, and team spirit
- Relevant experience with administrative jobs is an advantage
- Good knowledge of MS Office and basic computer skills (installation of drivers, running updates, ect.)
- Ability to maintain an organized research lab environment
- The ideal candidate is highly organized individual and a natural team player
What we offer:
The MPI for Intelligent Systems is one of the world's leading research institutions for machine learning, computer vision and robotics, studying the concepts of intelligence and autonomous behavior in artificial systems at different length scales. You will be part of a young team of international scientists and administrative staff. Salaries will be based on previous experience according to TVöD guidelines. An initial contract will be offered for two years.
The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. The Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
Candidates should send their application in English (one-page CV and one-page with filled questionnaire) as one pdf-file to email@example.com. The application deadline is 30th of September, 2019, the position will be open until filled.
Applications without a complete questionnaire will not be considered!
A PDF template can be downloaded from the link below: https://tinyurl.com/ycuh72ro
If you prefer to send a hardcopy application, you may do so. Please address it to:
Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems
Heisenbergstr. 1, 70569 Stuttgart