The Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems has campuses in Stuttgart and Tübingen. Our goal is to understand the principles of perception, action and learning in autonomous systems that successfully interact with complex environments and to use this understanding to design artificially intelligent systems. At our Stuttgart site, the Physical Intelligence Department (http://pi.is.mpg.de) is searching for an IT Administrator (m/f/d), 50 – 100%
- administer personal computer systems and provide direct user support for scientists, engineers, students, technical staff, and administrative staff (Windows, MacOS and Linux environments)
- administer team servers, storage, and other IT resources
- provide user support for IT related systems including printers, video conferencing and audio/visual systems
- programming help for the research projects
- assist scientists with planning and implementing novel hardware and software related to their research
- plan, configure, test, and implement new technologies and systems for personal computers and workstations
- purchase hardware and software for end users
- maintain user directories and inventory of hardware and software assets
- coordinate with other IT personnel both on campus and at other Max Planck institutes to support shared resources and provide mutual support assistance
- you are trained as an IT specialist, hold a bachelor’s degree in computer science, or have an equivalent qualification
- you have excellent communication skills in English, spoken and written, in person, on the phone, and over email
- you have excellent knowledge of the Windows, MacOS, and Linux operating systems, including installation, security, and maintenance for these systems
- you have excellent troubleshooting and customer support skills
- you have good hardware knowledge for desktop computers, workstations, laptops, and mobile devices and a good knowledge of scientific application software and Office products
- you have good knowledge of networking technologies, Active Directory, and central administration systems such as the System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- you have basic knowledge of the support of multifunctional devices and printers
- you have basic knowledge of local and cloud-based communications and collaboration tools
- preferably, you have experience supporting a user base of more than 20 employees
- you have experience in programming and debugging applications in common programming languages (C, Python, Matlab, etc.)
We are looking for a highly motivated and creative person who wants to join a dynamic international working environment. The Max Planck Society guarantees equal opportunity to all qualified applicants.
The position is initially limited to one year with the possibility of extension. Salaries will be based on TVöD guidelines according to previous experience and qualifications.
The Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. The Max Planck Society is committed to employing more handicapped individuals and especially encourages them to apply.
The position will be open until filled but priority will be given to applications received by January 20, 2019.
Applications should be prepared in English, including a cover letter, current resume, relevant certificates, contact information for three professional references, and any additional documents that support your suitability for this position.
To apply please follow this link:
or as a hardcopy application to:
Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems