For our institute’s Stuttgart site, we are seeking to hire a Scientific Building Coordinator (f/m/d).
The Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems is a leading international research institute that addresses fundamental questions in artificial intelligence and robotics. By joining forces with partners from science and industry, we have created one of the largest research collaborations in Europe in the field of artificial intelligence: Cyber Valley. The institute sites in Tübingen and Stuttgart conduct cutting-edge research in theory, software, and hardware. For our institute’s Stuttgart site, we are seeking to hire a
Scientific Building Coordinator (f/m/d)
Tasks and responsibilities
- Active involvement in all projects related to scientific and technical infrastructure, building renovation, and construction on the Stuttgart site of our institute.
- Coordination and supervision of local construction projects and measures in close cooperation with local building services, the building department of the Max Planck Society, and the local government authority.
- Coordinating and planning the scientific requirements of the institute and observing the relevant regulations.
- Advising, supporting, and assisting the Directors, the Head of the Scientific Coordination Office, and other institute staff on scientific and science-related issues, including the following:
- Preparing scientific aspects of institute reports,
- Supervising central research facilities and workshops,
- Organizing scientific events,
- External relations.
- Representing the institute in campus matters including cooperation with the University of Stuttgart.
- Serving as a point of contact for Stuttgart scientific building topics to connect researchers at both sites and on campus.
- Strengthening existing research cooperations and establishing new scientific cooperations and networks.
- Completed scientific higher education; a master’s degree or PhD related to the institute’s research topics is desirable.
- Several years of relevant professional experience, preferably in a scientific researc
- Strong communication skills including written and spoken fluency in German and English (at least C1 level in both languages).
- Willingness and ability to learn about the institute’s research.
- Sound specialist knowledge in the above-mentioned areas, a great talent for organization, and a flexible and dynamic working style in taking on new tasks.
- An independent and reliable way of working, friendly attitude, high motivation and intercultural competence.
We offer highly interesting, challenging, and varied tasks at the interface between science and administration in a highly active field of research. A dedicated team awaits you in an international environment with regular opportunities for further education and training. The salary is paid in accordance with the collective agreement for the public sector (TVöD-Bund) and the collective agreement on the federal pay scale (TV EntgO-Bund), according to your qualifications. This position is initially for 2 years, with the possibility of extension and will be based in Stuttgart. The Max Planck Society also seeks to increase the number of women in leadership positions and strongly encourages qualified women to apply. Furthermore, we seek to employ more people with a disability and strongly encourage them to apply.
Your application must contain a cover letter in English language, a curriculum vitae, and relevant certificates. The position is available immediately and will be open until filled. Preference will be given to applications received by January 31, 2020.
Inquiries should be sent to Matthias Tröndle email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your online application:
If you prefer to submit your application by post, please mail it to us stating the reference number: IS_W026
Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems