The Medical Systems Central Scientific Service Group at the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems (MPI-IS) in Stuttgart, Germany, is seeking an experienced MRI Engineer or Technician. This scientific service group focuses, among other things, on scientific research and service related to medical imaging, physics and instrumentation, medical miniature robot systems, and in vivo small animal (mouse and rat) experiments.
For our research activities, we are looking for a
Medical Imaging Engineer/Technician (m/w/d)
Your duties would be support on:
- Performing, servicing and maintaining in a Bruker BioSpec 7T small-animal magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) system
- Performing, servicing and maintaining PET, ultrasound, fluoroscopy, and other medical imaging equipment
- Modifying the MRI system software and hardware for robotic application and other research purposes
- Training and assisting the researchers
- Organizing and monitoring the usage of all medical imaging equipment and of the facility
- Maintaining, monitoring, and organizing the medical imaging lab and other related laboratories
- Practicing all MRI and other medical imaging-related required safety guidelines
- B.Sc., Dipl. Ing. (FH) or similar qualifications in electrical engineering, computer engineering, medical physics or similar
- Experience in or technical knowledge of MRI and other medical imaging systems, such as PET, ultrasound and fluoroscopy
- Practical experience in programming languages, such as C++
- Able to work in an independent, systematic, and cooperative manner
- Very good spoken and written communication skills in English and possibly German
We are looking for a highly motivated, responsible, and creative person with strong communication skills and a pronounced interest in joining a dynamic and international working environment. Salaries will be based on TVöD guidelines according to previous experience and qualifications. This is a full-time position. An initial contract will be offered for one year with possible extension and a conversion to a permanent position is possible after two years.
We seek to increase the number of women in areas where they are underrepresented and thus explicitly encourage women to apply. The Max-Planck Society guarantees equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and is committed to employing more individuals with disabilities and especially encourage them to apply.
For other questions, please contact Patricia Martinez at email@example.com
The position is available at the earliest convenience and will be open until July 15, 2019. To apply please follow this link: