The Stuttgart site of the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems (MPI-IS) is seeking an experienced department assistant to join our vibrant and rapidly expanding community. With over 400 employees on our Stuttgart and Tübingen campuses, MPI-IS is conducting cutting-edge research in the fields of micro- and nano-robotics, haptic interfaces, human-robot interaction, biorobotics, medical robotics, computer vision, controls, machine learning, and much more. In addition, our institute is a founding member of Cyber Valley, a research network of key players in the fields of artificial intelligence and robotics, including major industry partners.
Join us at the Physical Intelligence Department! Our department is mentored by Prof. Dr. Metin Sitti, and we aim to understand the principles of design, locomotion, control, perception, and learning of single and large numbers of small-scale mobile robots made of smart and soft materials as our physical intelligence platforms.
We are looking for a
Department Assistant (50% f/m/d)
Your duties will include:
- Administrative support to the Department Director, including coordination of appointments, travel planning, expense reports, etc.
- Overall department organization and support of a mainly English-speaking research group
- Planning the visits of and hosting national and international speakers and department guests
- Department budget planning
- Reviewing and placing purchase orders in SAP
- Interfacing with various offices of the MPI in regards to personnel and finance matters
- Organization of and hosting meetings and events, such as project meetings, workshops, talks, and symposia
- Translating documents and correspondence from German into English and vice versa
We are looking for a highly motivated, responsible, reliable, and creative person with strong communication and people skills and a pronounced interest in joining a dynamic and international working environment. Candidates should have completed their training as foreign language secretary or hold an equivalent qualification, since our department has scientists and visitors from around the world and the common language is English. Strong written and spoken English and German are critical. Proficiency with MS office applications is expected. Previous work experience in a research environment will be advantageous.
The appointment will be a maternity leave and parental leave replacement. Salaries will be based on TVöD guidelines according to previous experience and qualifications. The Max-Planck Society guarantees equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and is committed to employing individuals with disabilities and especially encourages them to apply.
For more information or questions please contact Janina Schwartz at email@example.com.
The position is available at the earliest convenience and will be open until July 15, 2019. To apply please follow this link: https://lotus2.gwdg.de/mpg/msmt/perso/is_s018.nsf/application