The joint academic program between the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems and the Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich, the Max Planck ETH Center for Learning Systems (CLS) has opened the call for excellent doctoral fellows as of August 3rd, 2018.
The PhD students will contribute to world-leading research in these areas:
- Machine Learning and Empirical Inference of Complex Systems
- Machine Intelligence, including Machine Vision and Natural Language Understanding
- Perception-Action-Cycle for Autonomous Systems
- Robust Model-Based Control for Intelligent Behavior
- Robust Perception in Complex Environments
- Design, Fabrication, and Control of Synthetic, Bio-Inspired, and Bio-Hybrid Micro/Nanoscale Robotic Systems
- Haptic Intelligence
- Data-Driven Computational Biology
- Neurotechnology and Emergent Intelligence in Nervous Systems
Applications are encouraged from candidates with a masters degree in a related research field. Furthermore, the candidates are expected to be enthusiastic team players and to take advantage of the opportunities offered by both organizations and to actively seek cross-group collaborations. We are looking forward to receiving your online application consisting of a complete CV (incl. a list of publications, talks and awards), a letter of motivation (max. 1-2 pages) outlining your research interests, scanned transcripts of certificates (bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, other degrees) and 2-3 reference letters. Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
The application deadline is November 12th, 2018. Successful applicants will be interviewed at the CLS Selection Symposium in Tübingen (February 4-6, 2019). Selected CLS students may start their PhDs in early 2019.